Wikipedia

Search results

Thursday 23 August 2012

Shootouts determine Fed Cup final


Prime FC coach, Ademola Adeshina has blamed inexperience for his wards Federation Cup semifinal loss to Cup holders, Heartland at the llorin Township Stadium on Wednesday.
The Osogbo-based side held their experienced foes to goalless draw at regulation time but fell 0-3 during penalties shootout.
The biggest revelation of this year's competition who had early dispatched NPL sides, Wikki Tourists, Enugu Rangers and Enyimba will battle title-chasers, Kano Pillars in Sunday's losers' game in Lagos.
Adeshina said mother luck aided their sudden elimination from the oldest competition in the land.
"We had many chances even during the added time but failed to convert any of them. We hit the side net for more than three time as well as the woodwork. Maybe we're not destined to win.
"Penalty shootout are 50/50 game, I think my lads were jittery and their inexperience showed clearly.
"Inexperience caused us the game but I praise my players for holding an experienced side like Heartland to goalless draw at full time," he told supersport.com.
An elated former Nigerian player said his target is to win the third place match at the expense of Pillars.
"I'm not a loser, I'm proud of myself coming from nowhere to the semifinals as well as taking the first local government sponsored team to this height in the Cup competition.
"Now that I've missed the rare opportunity to be the first, I want to the third best.
"We're coming to Lagos to beat Pillars in the losers' game and also show Lagos fans that the victories of my wards in previous games were not a fluke," he said.
Cup holders, Heartland will square up against title-chasers, Lobi Stars who edged Pillars 5-4 on penalties for the epic final at the Teslim Balogun stadium, Lagos on Sunday.

No comments: